Codia Acoustic Design’s Stage 1000 is a wooden audio rack designed to reduce the effects of resonant frequencies with diagonal slits of varying lengths and solid posts.
- Baltic wood is a great shelving material. Besides its strength and hardness, the multi-layer plywood has different densities to absorb vibration at different frequencies.
- Openings in different lengths can even out vibrations at different frequencies, similar to how acoustic diffusers work.
- Solid aluminium posts eliminate more ringing compared to hollow posts.
- Teflon washers transfers vibrations faster than soft washers.
- Washers also act as a decoupling media between wood and metal.
- Metal spikes efficiently transfer vibration energy to the ground.
- Spike discs help dissipate vibration energy radially in all 360 degrees.
Standard single rack, as seen in the first picture
- Shelf panel thickness: 30 mm
- Shelf panel size: 630 x 480 mm (width x depth)
- Internal dimensions: 510 x 370 mm (width x depth)
- Column diameter: 30 mm
- Column lengths: 180, 240, or 300 mm
- Up to 4 shelves
- Loading capacity per shelf: 80 kg
- Double width & triple width racks are available